This summer children ages 9-16 are welcome to join Surfari on the water in our Kids Summer Surf Program at Good Harbor Beach in Gloucester. As everyone knows during the summer, "Life is better on the water!" Of course there is no better way to spend time in the water then surfing!
The Surfari experience focuses on all aspects of surfing and ocean awareness and is designed to teach the newcomer or build on the skills of the more seasoned young surfer. Not only will you gain confidence in surfing but also learn about ocean safety, surf etiquette, swell forecasting, how to choose equipment and much more. All equipment (surfboards, sunblock, wetsuits and Zinka) is included. We use SurfTech SoftTop, Catch Surf Logs and Torq Epoxy surfboards and wetsuits from O'Neill and XCEL.
Our instructors are chosen for their passion for surfing as well as their enthusiasm for teaching others. During camp they will be led by Christian del Rosario who grew up surfing Cape Ann and taught surfing for many years on Nantucket. Christian started at Nantucket Island Surf School at Cisco Beach in 1999 and then owned Nantucket Surfari at Ladies Beach on Nantucket from 2006-2013.
The Kids Summer Surf Program runs three evenings a week on either Monday, Tuesday and Wednesday from 5:30pm to 7:30pm at Good Harbor Beach in Gloucester. Parents are welcome to come to the beach and watch with an evening picnic or they can drop off their kids at the beach and go into downtown Gloucester for dinner and a drink while the little groms surf.
Things to Wear
- Bathingsuit or Boardshorts
- Rash Guard (optional)
- Boots or Water Shoes (optional)
- Backpackack to pack everything
- Change of Clothes (optional)
Things to Bring
- Reﬁllable water/sports bottle
- Snack in soft sided cooler
- Zip lock bag for wet clothes
- Waterproof Camera (optional)
*Pre-requisites include being comfortable in and around the ocean/waves as well as being a strong swimmer.
2021 Kids Surf Camp Dates
- SESSION 1 SOLD OUT June 29, 30 July 1 (T/W/TH) - 5:30pm to 7:30pm
- SESSION 2 SOLD OUT July 19, 20, 21 (M/T/W) - 5:30pm to 7:30pm
- SESSION 3 SOLD OUT August 2, 3, 4 (M/T/W) - 5:30pm to 7:30pm
- SESSION 4 SOLD OUT August 16, 17, 18 (M/T/W) - 5:30pm to 7:30pm
- SESSION 5 SOLD OUT August 30, 31, Sept 1 (M/T/W) - 5:30pm to 7:30pm
Surf Camp Registration
For 2021 space is limited to 12 kids per Session so make sure to reserve your spot! Click on the Session links above to purchase or please call us at 978-283-SURF for more information.
Price - $250 per person per session. You can book online above, in person at Surfari or over the phone at 978-283-SURF.
- Download our Kids Surf Camp Registration PDF to print out and complete all pages.
- Please review our Cancellation Policy.
- Mail the completed forms to Surfari, 88 Bass Ave, Gloucester, MA 01930 along with a check for $250 of the session price. Or you can use your credit card to pay by calling 978-283-SURF, then mail or email your registration forms.
- We will contact you to confirm your reservations when your registration forms and payment have arrived.
Please note that our lessons are not canceled for fog, rain or a chilly day. We will be getting wet in the water and we have wetsuits to keep warm! We will only cancel if the conditions are not suitable for surfing (because the waves are either flat or too big) or because of thunderstorms. In case of cancellation we will have a make-up day Thursday of the same week.
Surf camps are non-refundable.
Surf camp equipment from: Catch Surf • Dakine • FCS • O'Neill • Pro-Lite • Softech • SurfTech • Sun Bum • Torq • XCEL • Zinka